Saturday 5 June 2010

5th June 2010


Hello, this is my first entry on my Blog. Even that I don't consider myself a great writer I have always been attracted to the world of creating with words. I remember when I tried to write my first novel when I was about twelve. I had this GREAT idea about a suspense/horror story where a group of kids will solve a mystery involving ghosts, a curse and the most, ugly, dark and mysterious haunted house you have ever come across!!...

So I got a new notebook a sharped pencil and started writing this story, soon I realised how difficult is to create a world, people, streets, names and don't let me get started with dialogues!!!!...aggghhhh!...soon I had this 30 pages written with lots of love and lots of rubber erasing and (it pains me to say!) was absolutely, totally crap. Frustrated I left it in a drawer in my room and forgot all about it until a few years later when i found it while clearing up a few things when I decided to move to England.

I sit on my bed and started reading. I smiled all the way trough, not because of the humour but because I was remembering how It felt while I was writing it, how hard I try to put those pictures in my head in words, perfect worlds, people, dialogues that never sound the same when you put them down in words.

Now I'm 38 years old, oh!, so close to the dreaded BIG, BAD, NO POINT OF RETURN 40!!!, and that 12 years old little (yeah I'm a short guy!!) boy is no more, his dreams of been a great writer have been transformed into an accountancy job, words replaced by numbers, dreams replace by bills.

But deep inside he still dreams, still wants and demands to have a go, to try once more....so I started this blog, to let 12 years old Angel tell about his experiences, his life, entertain us with all those dreams left in that drawer. Maybe his life is not interesting or even worth reading about but is a life!, one that hopefully will mean something to someone, a life that will leave a memory in someones life. He doesn't want to change the world, he doesn't want to be famous, he just wants to be heard. So keep reading and little by little you will get to know him, this boy, now a man, just a life!!!.

Also for all you Spanish friends I will write sometimes in my mother language so I don't forget where I really come from.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful... I love you Angel. Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts! The music one..I was there the same music but different places...I can't remember the last time I laugh like when we were teenagers neither....or I think we might have few weeks ago ? ..XXOO

    ReplyDelete